We are here to help you
An Ogden personal injury attorney helps people who have sustained injuries from accidents recover financial compensation. These funds are used for medical treatment, make up for lost wages, and provide compensation for injuries suffered.
Common causes of personal injury include motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall accidents, workplace injuries, defective products, and medical malpractice.
What does a personal injury attorney do?
The duties of an Ogden personal injury attorney include the following:
- Explain your rights – A personal injury attorney in Ogden UT can explain how different legal issues will affect your rights. Different states have different laws regarding the statutes of limitations or how comparative negligence will affect your case.
- Provide advice – Personal injury lawyers can help you understand legal procedures, interpret medical and insurance jargon, and prepare paperwork required in personal injury cases.
- Represent you in court – If the insurance company denies your claim, the only way for you to recover is go through a full civil trial.
When do you need a personal injury attorney?
The following are some instances when you need to hire a personal injury attorney in Ogden:
- The claim is denied – If the other party was responsible for the accident but the insurance company doesn’t want to take responsibility, talk to a lawyer to get an objective and experienced opinion.
- Multiple parties are involved – In some cases, accidents involve multiple vehicles or parties. This can occur if there’s a multi-car pileup or in a situation that involves contractors, subcontractors, or employees. A personal injury attorney in Ogden UT can help determine all parties that may share liability and who may be named as defendants.
- A settlement is offered – It’s best to consult a personal injury attorney before accepting a settlement. Insurance companies may try to minimize the payout. Instead of accepting a ridiculously low offer, enlist the help of a personal injury lawyer to ensure you’ll get the maximum amount.
If you’re searching for an Ogden personal injury attorney, simply fill out our online form and one of our staff will reach out to you.