We are here to help you
FIND A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER IN SALT LAKE CITY
We Are Here To Help You
No one ever wants to be involved in a car accident. The bitter truth is that car crashes happen daily in Salt Lake City including fatal accidents. We know how stressful this can be, and contacting our Salt Lake City car accident attorneys is the best move to make.
Road accidents majorly happen due to the negligence of others or a defective vehicle. The result of the accident can have a huge impact on your everyday life and getting help from our reputable car accident attorneys will ensure your rights are always protected.
What Are The Common Causes Of Car Accidents?
Car accidents have serious effects on the victims and can scar them for life. But what are the factors that set them in motion? Here are some of them.
- Speeding: This is one of the main causes of car accident as it is hard to stop a speeding car. Traveling more than the required speed limit can prevent you from seeing an oncoming car. We advise that you avoid speeding to save yourself the burden of a car accident.
- Reckless driving: Texting, calling, changing lanes wrongly and ignoring traffic signs while driving can lead to a fatal accident. Many car accidents have been caused by a driver who was not paying attention. Reckless driving also occurs when the person behind the wheel is unqualified for a busy road.
- Drunk/ Drowsy driving: When you are drunk, sleepy or high, you put yourself at the risk of causing an accident. Alcohol or drugs prevent you from driving carefully and respecting other vehicles on the road. Rather, you should avoid driving when not in the right state of mind.
- Faulty car parts: A faulty car part can lead to an accident if not taken care of quickly. This makes it necessary to carry out regular checks on your car. If you experience a deflated tire while on the road, fix it before you drive your car again
- Poor weather conditions: Driving in the rain or snow can be dangerous if you are not an experienced driver. It is better to protect yourself until the road is smooth than risk having an accident. However, if you must go out, make sure to drive carefully.
Being aware of these factors can help you to drive carefully and reduce accident risk to the barest minimum.
What Are The Different Types Of Car Accidents?
Car accidents are not limited to one example, which means you have to know the type of accident you had before filing a claim. Some common car accidents are:
- Car rollover: This is when a car turns over multiple times and lands on its roof or side. This type of accident can be very fatal as it can cause serious injuries to the people in the car. It is hard to prevent a rollover from happening as it is always sudden.
- Rear-end collision: They happen when a car hits another car in front of it. Rear-end collisions usually damage a car and happens when a driver is reckless or inexperienced. It is also the most common type of car accident.
- Head-on collision: This happens when two cars hit the front of their car against each other. It is very fatal as the drivers do not have enough protection from the impact of the crash.
- Single car crashes: this happens when a driver crashes their car into an object due to a faulty tire, drinking, texting, sleeping or speeding. However, a single car crash is not always caused by the driver of the vehicle. They might have been trying to avoid another car or an object on the road. This type of accident can also cause serious injuries to the driver.
- T-bone crashes: A T-bone crash happens when the front of a car hits the side of another car because one of the drivers failed to make way for the other driver. They are very dangerous and can result in death of the victims. We advise that you are very observant while driving to prevent these kinds of accidents.
It is important to wear a seatbelt while driving to lessen the impact of any crash on your body. You also need adequate representation from a car accident lawyer if your car is involved in an accident.
What Kind Of Injuries Can Be Sustained From An Accident?
Being in an accident is heartbreaking because of the life-long impact bit has on the victims. They sustain various injuries which can be deadly, if not treated immediately. Such injuries include:
- Internal bleeding: Even though most injuries are external, it is possible to bleed internally without knowing. It is important to seek medical attention after an accident to detect internal bleeding in the body.
- Whiplash: This is when your body snaps and moves faster than you can control, spraining muscles in the process. It is a type of injury that requires immediate treatment as it affects soft tissues in the body.
- Broken bones: Victims of car accidents break their bones from the impact of the crash. It can prevent them from working as it must heal before it can be used again. It is one of the most common types of injuries.
- Head injuries: They can lead to concussions and traumatic brain injuries if not treated quickly. We advise that you check for head injuries if you are involved in an accident to prevent future effects.
What Are The Common Questions After A Car Accident?
It is not surprising that you will have many questions running through your mind when you become involved in a car accident. Questions you might want to ask include:
- How much liability will be determined in my situation?
- How will I pay my medical bills?
- What will happen if I can’t go back to work right now?
- What if the car accident resulted in a wrongful death?
- What do I do if the other car does not have enough insurance?
- How do I get my claim approved?
- Why do I should see a lawyer?
- How do I get fair compensation from the insurance company?
- What should I do if I played a part in the accident?
- What should I do immediately after a car accident?
- How soon should I see a car accident lawyer?
These are all legitimate questions and our Salt Lake City car accident attorneys can answer each of them for you. We know not only the law but the ins and outs of dealing with car accidents, and because each case is unique, you can rely on us to prepare your defense based on the information and evidence we have gathered.
Why Do I Need A Car Accident Lawyer?
It might seem that you do not need a lawyer after a car accident, but the opposite is the case. Handling the aftermath of a car accident by yourself will leave you drained and you might get little or no compensation from the insurance company. Hiring the services of a car accident lawyer will ensure your case is evaluated properly and you get the compensation you deserve.
Our attorneys will make sure that you do not get more liability than necessary as the other party will not want to take on any liability. We will support you every step of the way, so that you can recover from the trauma. We will do our best to negotiate a fair amount of money and prevent you from being manipulated by an insurance company.
You should hire an experienced lawyer as soon as possible if you are involved in a car accident. Even though you have three years to file a claim, it is better to file it immediately to avoid a long drawn out case. It will prevent you from making mistakes that will reduce your chances of getting justice for the wrong that was done to you.
What Should I Do Immediately After A Car Accident?
Most people do not know the next action to take after they have a car accident and this prevent them from getting fair compensation. Knowing what you should do after an accident will make a great difference during the negotiation for your settlement. Here are necessary actions you should carry out.
- Take photos of the accident scene, including the damage caused, the area, vehicle documents and any other necessary object.
- Seek medical attention or call the hospital if someone else is hurt.
- Take down the information of the other driver and witnesses.
- Go to the police station and file a report.
- Hire the services of a Salt Lake City car accident lawyer.
How Will We Help You Get The Compensation You Deserve?
We will make sure you do not get more liability that you’re supposed to. If more than half of the liability is attributed to the person filing the claim, they may not get the right compensation. We will also document your injuries and the extent of damage done to your car as strong evidence that you were wronged.
As car accident lawyers, we try our best to negotiate with insurance lawyers but if that doesn’t work, we are ready to go to court to fight out your case. If you are an injured passenger, you can be sure you will get compensation for your medical bills and loss of earnings.
Why Should You Hire Us?
You’re probably wondering why you should hire us to give you the legal help you need after your accident. Whether you are the negligent party or the victim of the accident, you will need someone who will represent your rights throughout the case. Our lawyers will ensure that you get the compensation you deserve, especially if you are the wronged one.
Our Salt Lake City car accident attorneys work hard to get all their facts right so we can provide you superior representation. Reach out to us today!